Recipe of the Month
These raw brownies are extremely easy to prepare and make for a delicious holiday treat! They are made with cacao, a superfood that provides numerous health benefits, such as antioxidants. A key ingredients in these brownies are dates. Dates are rich in fiber, antioxidants, iron and other beneficial nutrients.
- 2 cups whole walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cacao
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place walnuts in food processor and blend on high until nuts are finely ground.
- Add the cacao and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor while it is running. What you should end up with is a mix that appears rather like cake crumbs, but that when pressed, will easily stick together (if the mixture does not hold together well, add more dates).
- In a large bowl (or the pan you plan on putting the brownies in), combine the walnut-cacao mix with the chopped almonds. Press into a linted cake pan or mold.
- Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve (it is also easier to cut these when they are very cold). Store in an airtight container.