Recipe of the Month
This soft and chewy granola is full of cashews, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds then lightly sweetened with maple syrup, dates, and coconut flakes, making it the perfect companion for yogurt or as a delicious healthy snack! Recipe makes 12 servings and prep time is only 20 minutes. Cook time is 60 minutes.
- Coconut oil (as oil or nonstick cooking spray)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1⁄4 cup goji berries or chopped dates ( I used 3 medijool dates)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Almond, coconut, or hemp milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Grease or spray a large baking sheet with coconut oil.
Add nuts, seeds, coconut, and dates to a food processor and pulse a few times until the mixture is coarsely chopped to the consistency of granola (be careful not to over process). Depending on the size of your processor, you may have to do this in two batches. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white, water, and maple syrup. Add vanilla and spices as desired. Mix well. Slowly drizzle the egg mixture over the nut-and-seed blend. Mix well with clean hands, covering granola mixture with a light coat of the liquid.
- Spread mixture evenly over a large baking sheet and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is dry and forms small clusters. Remove from heat and allow to cool prior to serving.
- Serve with almond, coconut, or hemp milk, or yogurt of your choice. Place remaining granola in an airtight container. Freeze leftover granola within several days.