Recipe of the Month
Enjoy all the flavors of Green Chicken Enchiladas without the digestive issues! This recipe is super simple and comes together pretty quickly, making it a great weeknight option. Plus, you get to repurpose leftover rotisserie chicken. It’s gluten free, and uses cottage cheese and plain Greek yogurt, in place of sour cream and cheeses, creating a creaminess that’s the bomb! This deliciously healthy, high protein, version of Green Chicken Enchiladas will please the whole family. Oh-and the leftovers taste even better the next day. Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups of coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
- Herbs: 1/2 tsp cumim, 1tsp dried oregano (could also use 1-2 tablespoon of fajita seasoning mix)
- 8-10 oz of frozen fajita pepper/onion mix
- 1/3 cup of cottage cheese
- 4oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 -16oz jar of Siete green enchilada sauce divided
- 12 Almond flour Siete tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread 2 tbsp of the green enchilada sauce into bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add frozen red & green pepper/onion mix, and cook according to package instructions.
- Stir in oregano and cumin or fajita seasoning. Before veggies are completely cooked, add shredded chicken and heat up. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1/3 cup cottage cheese, 4oz greek yogurt, 1/2 a jar of Siete green enchilada sauce.
- To assemble the enchiladas, heat 1-2 tortillas at a time on a oiled griddle for :15. Remove from heat and lay on flat surface and spoon 1/2 cup or more of the chicken mixture in the center. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down into prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture. Top with remaining salsa verde.
- Place into oven and bake about 20 minutes.
- Page 1 of 13