Recipe of the Month
This quinoa banana bread is quite the treat. The bread is simple to make and absolutely delicious. We love that it’s less than 150 calories per serving if you cut the loaf into 10 thick slices. The addition of quinoa gives this bread a protein boost, making it an ideal snack, breakfast or dessert (especially when topped with a thin smear of butter). This dish only lasts a few days when made at our house!
Yield: 10 slices
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a loaf pan.
- Sift or whisk together the first seven dry ingredients in a medium bowl (the flour through the salt).
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, then whisk in the egg until well beaten together.
- Add the quinoa, Greek yogurt, and melted butter.
- Once mixed, pour the dry ingredients in to the wet and mix until just combined, the mixture will be thick.
- Transfer to loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn out of loaf pan and cool on a rack.
*Note- it’s a lot easier to make the quinoa the day before; adapted from Pop Sugar