Recipe of the Month
This is one of the many recipes on our “Cleanse Your Way to Healthy Eating” 7-Day meal plan. Fennel is a wonderful vegetable that contains numerous antioxidants, and has been shown in studies to reduce inflammation and prevent the occurrence of cancer. This root vegetable is also an excellent source of vitamin c, which can help maintain a proper functioning immune system, and a good source of fiber, which can help alleviate digestive issues.
· 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
· 2 medium oranges, peeled (or buy pre-cut orange segments)
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
· 2 tablespoons apple juice infused dried cranberries
· Dash of black pepper
1. Place the sliced fennel in a bowl. Peel each orange, removing white pith and membrane from the outside of the orange. The orange flesh should be exposed. Divide into sections and add to bowl.
2. Mix olive oil and red wine vinegar together. Drizzle over salad and then toss.
3. Sprinkle salad with dried cranberries. Season with black pepper.