Recipe of the Month
My Morning Smoothie is a delicious mix of flavors and spices that contain essential nutrients to nourish your body. The sweet-spicy flavors of vanilla, cinnamon, turmeric and ginger create a perfect blend for the rich, creamy texture of almond milk, frozen banana and coconut water. This yummy smoothie is loaded with potassium, anti-bloat and anti-inflammation ingredients. Add a plant based protein powder for a satisfying breakfast or snack!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla nut milk
- 1 cup Vita Coco Original Coconut Water
- 1 serving vanilla plant based protein powder (Orgain)
- ½-1 frozen banana, chunks (optional substitute: 3/4 cup frozen raspberries)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ginger powder or 1” piece ginger root, peeled
- 1-2 teaspoon turmeric powder or 2-3” piece turmeric root, peeled
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder (optional)
Combine all ingredients in high-speed blender and give it a whirl. To thin out: add extra ice or water.