Recipe of the Month
These corn fritters contain all the love that “comfort food” delivers, without weighing you down. In addition to being delicious, they’re easy to prepare and if you only want to make a few at at time, the batter stays well overnight if stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. Best served as an appetizer, side dish or snack!
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup leek greens, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- ½ jalapeño, minced (or more if you want spicier)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried coriander
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup organic flour
- ½ cup corn meal
- ½ cup water (might need to add a little more or less)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Couple dashes of cayenne pepper
- Lightly beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Combine & mix all other ingredients in a large bowl except water and eggs. Add eggs and mix.
- Once combined, slowly add water until you have a batter that’s fluid, but firm enough to scoop with a spoon and drop into skillet.
- Heat large pan to medium heat with a little olive oil. Drop about a spoon full of mix into pan- you want them to be slightly thin so they cook through.
- Flip over after a few minutes and cook other side until golden brown.