Recipe of the Month
Unlike your traditional Chex mix that is full of inflammatory ingredients, this easy party mix (from Megan Gilmore’s new book, No Excuses Detox) is gluten-free, grain-free & refined sugar-free. This party mix is naturally sweet, delicious & full of protein, making it an excellent dish to bring to a holiday party or to have as a healthy mid-day snack. The best part about this recipe is it’s easy to prep & you can easily use your favorite nuts/seeds. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, maple syrup, chili powder, garlic powder & salt.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in a flat, single later without too many clumps.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then cool completely (the nuts will be crunchy once completely cook). Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1-week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.