Recipe of the Month
These fish tacos have been my weeknight goto lately, as they are light, flavorful and easy to prepare. I recommend choosing a firmer fish like Mahi Mahi which has a sweet taste and compliments the seasonings of the rub. I also discovered gluten free almond flour tortillas by Siete which I’m obsessed with, but flour tortillas would work too. It’s what’s for dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Wed…
- 1.5 pounds of Mahi Mahi or Halibut
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
Fish Taco Sauce (optional)
- Take 3 Tbsp of cottage cheese and mix with 2 Tbsp of Salsa. May need to triple recipe. (Cottage cheese is much better on digestive tract then sour cream or mayo)
- 8-Siete Almond tortillas or tortillas of choice if serving 4, or just heat up 2 and save the rest of the fish in airtight container for following nites.
- Shredded Lettuce
- Avocado slices
- Combine rub ingredients and rub into fish fillets.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400. Place seasoned fish on baking sheet or parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until flaky and cooked.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Break fish into large chunks and divide between tortillas. Top with shredded lettuce and taco sauce.