Recipe of the Month
This salad is easy to prepare with minimal ingredients and is very refreshing on a warm day. Cucumbers are hydrating due to their high water content and are a good source of vitamin B, making them a great “pick me up”. Radishes are an excellent fat burning vegetable & are a naturally cooling food, meaning they have the ability to naturally decrease excess heat that may accumulate in the body during the warmer months.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb cucumbers, skinned & thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced & cut into 1″ long pieces
- 2-3 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon organic raw honey (optional)
- 1/4 pound crumbled feta cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, gently toss together the sliced cucumbers, red onion, radishes & mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk white wine vinegar, olive oil, honey (if using) and salt & pepper.
- Drizzle dressing over cucumber salad and mix well.
- Right before serving, add crumbled feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Inspired from Simply Recipes