Recipe of the Month
The combination of flavors and textures make this one of the most colorful, flavorful and satiating salads you will eat! It’s easy to throw together and it makes a huge portion to have for lunch everyday for a week or can be served as a side for any grilled protein you might be serving. It’s also gluten free & vegan.
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 ½ cups water to cook quinoa
- 1 large mango, chopped in small pieces or 1 cup
- ¼ small red onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup almond slices or slivers, toasted (if preferred)
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed if frozen
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Zest from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Rinse quinoa.
- Place quinoa in small pot & add 1 ½ cups water. Cook according to package instructions. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss chopped mango, red onion, red pepper and juice from limes. Let sit while preparing dressing.
- For the dressing, whisk all ingredients together in small bowl & set aside.
- Add additional ingredients to large bowl with mango (shredded coconut through lime zest), and then add cooled quinoa and dressing. Toss it well and serve cold. Enjoy!