Recipe of the Month
This salad is packed with nourishing vegetables and absolutely delicious! Brussels sprouts are a good source of vitamin k, vitamin c, fiber and contain a chemical that is thought to anti-cancer properties. To make this recipe a little easier, you could buy pre-sliced Brussels sprouts or put them in the food processor. This salad is excellent alone, paired with some fish, or topped in a pita or sandwich.
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups shredded chard leaves
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2.5 teaspoons organic raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Add all dry ingredients for salad into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Serve immediately or put in fridge for a couple hours so flavors can mix.