Recipe of the Month
This is one of my favorite go to meals in warmer months. I’ve been purchasing this fresh prepared salad from Central Market H.E.B. for the past few years, but decided it was time to make my own as you can make so much more! I followed the recipe from the H.E.B. website, but tweaked it some. It makes for a sweet & refreshing lunch over crunchy romaine or as a cooling side dish with your favorite grilled protein.
Recipe makes 4-1 cup servings
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6-10 oz super sweet frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup jicama, cubed or diced (can purchase pre-sliced at Trader Joe’s)
- 2/3 -1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp 100% pure olive oil
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp or more tabasco pepper sauce
- Combine black beans, corn, jicama, red bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a medium salad bowl.
- For dressing, mix together lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil, sugar, salt and Tabasco Sauce.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and refrigerate until cold.