Recipe of the Month
This juice not only tastes great but does amazing things to support overall good health! It’s a turmeric drink with a ginger zing, infused with citrus flavors of orange and lemon. The raw organic honey pulls it all together for a delicious and refreshing drink anytime of year.
One particular component of turmeric is curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory that has been studied for it’s ability to prevent premature aging, reduce depression, and offers natural support to the body on wound healing, dealing with arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, cystic fibrosis, blood sugar, and act as a painkiller, among other things. If you’re experiencing bloat, indigestion or feeling down, get your blender out to whirl up a BE Healthy Turmeric Tonic!
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 cups or 2-11oz plain coconut water (my favorite brand is Vita Coco)
- 3 inch knob fresh turmeric, peeled OR ½-1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 small clementines or 1-medium orange, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey
- Crushed black pepper
- Place coconut water and all ingredients in a blender and give it a whirl.
- If the turmeric and/or ginger is finely shredded, strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve (no need to strain when using Vitamix or NutriBullet).
- Add a sprinkle of black pepper for enhanced absorption.
- Pour over ice or keep refrigerated in mason jar. Enjoy!