Recipe of the Month
This delicious sweet potato salad is the perfect side dish for a summer BBQ or as a refreshing snack. It is low in fat and packed with lots of nutrients and fiber.
- 5 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ chopped red pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely diced bread and butter pickles
- ⅔ cup reduced fat or regular vegenaise
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- ½-1 tsp chili pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cubed, peeled sweet potatoes in a large pot of cool water; bring to a boil and cook for 3 – 5 minutes, or just until fork tender.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until they have cooled enough to handle.
- At this point, I drain them well and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Gently stir in the potatoes, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately (can be refrigerated before serving if desired).