Recipe of the Month
- 2 poblano or sweet green peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 3 ears of corn (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Heat broiler. Slice peppers in half and remove seeds. Place under broiler from 1-2 minutes, flipping once. Remove and set aside. Reduce heat the 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dice onion and add to olive oil, cooking for 3-4 minutes. Remove kernels from cob and add to onion. If you want a little heat, add some of the seeds from the poblano peppers to this mixture. Cook until onion and corn is cooked through. about 4-5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Add corn mixture to a food processor along with goat cheese, veggie broth and salt. Pulse until mixture is creamed together, but still has chunks of corn.
- Evenly spoon mixture in to the peppers. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Mixture should be puffed up slightly and browning on top.
To make rice: cover rice with water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes, adding more water if necessary. To make it even easier, use a rice cooker. Drain and toss with cilantro, lime juice & zest. Serve with on the side with peppers.
Adapted from naturallyella.com