Recipe of the Month
Slow-cookers make cooking so easy because all you have to do is combine the ingredients and let them cook for a few hours. This tasty mash lets the flavors of cauliflower, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic and Italian seasonings meld together for 3.5 hours, leaving you with a warm, delicious bowl of goodness. The consistency of the mashed florets mimic a light meat sauce, making you feel like you’re eating a hearty bowl of spaghetti, for half the calories!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2, 14oz cans (or 1, 28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup veggie or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on high for 3.5 hours.
- When done, mash cauliflower with potato masher until florets break up.
- Serve as is or over pasta or spiralized zucchini noodles.