Recipe of the Month
These little bites are so easy to make (no baking required) and very delicious! They are low in calories, but have protein, fiber and healthy fats so they make for a great snack or a little dessert. I’m personally not a big fan of coconut so I was a little weary of this recipe of first, but I followed the directions and was pleasantly surprised!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the almonds, raisins and cinnamon in a food processor. Turn on until mixed thoroughly into a a smooth, thick almond butter paste, about 3 minutes or so. Turn off food processor.
- Add the chopped apricots and pulse for 30 seconds, and then add the coconut and pulse for another 10 seconds.
- Remove the dough and place it on a cutting board or counter that’s covered in a piece of plastic wrap. Pull up the plastic on either side and begin to press it together to form one large square, keeping the layer of plastic between your hands and the dough to prevent sticking.
- Wrap up the square and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. This will make it easier to cut.
- Using a sharp knife, the the square into 25 smaller squares.
Enjoy! Try not to eat too many.
(Adapted from fitsugar.com)