Recipe of the Month
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/3 container grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ – ½ white onion, diced (more for larger squash)
- 2 cups kale, destemmed, washed and chopped
- 1 container Whole Foods Jalapeno Pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out insides and seeds. Rub a little olive oil over flesh part of squash. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place squash flesh side down on baking sheet and put in oven for 30-35 minutes.
- When there’s about 10 minutes left for squash to cook, sauté white onion in medium skillet with a little olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add kale and cook another 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes last and let that cook for another few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add in crushed red pepper if desired.
- When spaghetti squash is done cooking, turn flesh side up and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Take a fork to the flesh and move downwards to create pasta-like strands. Put squash strands into a large bowl.
- When finished making the “pasta”, add in the jalapeno pesto (I started with about half the container and mixed). Add more to taste.
- Add in kale, onions and tomatoes and mix.
- Top with a little parmesan or feta, or add in an organic protein. Enjoy!