Recipe of the Month
- 1 large shallot, halved & thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses (Whole Foods)
- 2 Tbsp sherry or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 4 cups arugula, lightly packed
- 4 cups romaine, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ripe pears, cored & cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted & coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl combine the shallot, pomegranate molasses, vinegar, salt & pepper and whisk until the salt is dissolved.
- Whisk in the olive oil & let vinaigrette stand at room temperature until salad is assembled.
- Combine the arugula, romaine, pears & half of the pomegranate seeds in a large bowl.
- Crumble half of the goat cheese over the ingredients in the bowl (works best if cheese is very cold).
- Whisk the vinaigrette until uniform & add all but 2 Tbsp of it to the bowl.
- Gently toss the salad with your hands or salad tongs, coating the ingredients with the vinaigrette. If the salad seems dry, add the vinaigrette in small increments until it’s dressed to your liking.
- Crumble the remaining cheese over the salad & sprinkle the remaining pomegranate seeds & pistachios over the top. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Food52.com