Recipe of the Month
- 1 cup blend of mint & basil leaves, torn or chopped
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ cup daikon radish, chopped or slivered
- Handful snow pea shoots, ends trimmed off
- Handful sunflower sprouts
- 1 lb frozen peas
- 2.5 oz chevre goat cheese
- Zest from lemon
- Juice from 1 ½ large lemons (or 2 small)
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoon raw organic honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*Before you do anything, take frozen peas out and let thaw in bowl or colander while you prepare the dressing. This way they can thaw, but will remain very cold, even partially frozen when ready to assemble salad (no need to rinse peas under cold water).
- Prepare dressing in large bowl.
Zest lemon first & add to bowl, followed by lemon juice. Add next 3 ingredients. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add chopped mint & basil leaves, and then shallots to the dressing.
- Rinse snow pea shoots & sunflower sprouts (and then trim the ends if you prefer) then toss into the bowl.
- Add chopped or slivered daikon radish.
- Next add cold or partially frozen peas.
- Finally, add your goat cheese in dollops or chunks. It will breakdown and blend in with all the other ingredients. If you love mint, this is a great time to add in a little more.
- Serve cold as a side dish or add about ½ cup or more of room temperature freshly prepare jasmine rice (we prefer the latter).