Recipe of the Month
Craving something that makes a great snack or easy side dish, is low in calories, high in fiber AND tastes delicious? Well, this is your recipe! This Cabbage Salad has a little more Apple Cider Vinegar (which is great for the body!) and less oil compared to other recipes we found. We also toasted shaved almonds (optional for those with a nut allergy) along with black sesame seeds for a little extra flavor.
When preparing the dressing it’s important to whisk in the oil very slowly. It may take a little longer but your family will be very impressed and think you are auditioning for “Chopped”.
- 8 to 10 cups green cabbage, chopped (1/2 a large head)
- 3 green onions, sliced (white part with a little green part)
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons shaved almonds, toasted (optional)
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz) Apple Cider Vinegar (add more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 2 tablespoons organic vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix Apple Cider Vinegar and honey and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the oil, a little bit at a time and whisk until all is emulsified. Set aside until salad is assembled.
Slice/chop cabbage then combine in a large bowl with green onions, toasted black sesame seeds and shaved almonds. Add Apple Cider dressing.