Recipe of the Month
Fresh celery juice is one of the most powerful and healing juices one can drink. Just 16oz of fresh celery juice every morning on an empty stomach can transform your health and digestion in as little as one week. Celery has significant anti-inflammatory properties making it highly beneficial for those who suffer from autoimmune conditions such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraines, Vertigo, IBS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Lupus, Guillain-Barre, GERD, Bursitis, Restless Leg Syndrome, and Gout.
Celery juice is also strongly alkaline and helps to prevent and counteract acid reflux, acidosis, high blood pressure, joint pain, ringing in ears, tingles & numbness, hot flashes, blurry eyes, headaches, heart palpitations, edema, heartburn, fatigue, dizziness, muscle cramps, sleep issues, constipation, and bloating. It is also an effective natural diuretic and has ample ability to flush toxins out of the body, which makes it excellent to use on any weight loss program.
Below is a recipe adapted from one of my favorite authors Anthony William, the Medical Medium. If you are looking for a natural healing approach for what’s ailing you, check out Anthony’s book “ Life Changing Foods”.
- 1 bunch celery stalks, rinsed & separated
- 1 large organic apple, sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley or cilantro
- 4 Sprigs fresh mint (about 20 leaves)
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch of ginger, optional
Instructions for Juicer:
- Run through high speed juicer.
Instructions for Blender:
- Add in order to blender: 1 cup filtered water, chopped celery, apple cut into chunks, parsley, mint & ginger (if using). Squeeze juice from lemon. Handful of ice optional.
- Blend at high speed until blended. Strain smoothie into bowl using sieve. Pour into glass or blender bottle and enjoy!