Recipe of the Month
This scrumptious recipe is a healthy alternative to potato salad, sans the calories and the guilt. The cauliflower makes this dish lower in calories and carbohydrates, making it a great side for a summer meal. Whether you’re paleo or not, the creaminess of the vegenaise and yogurt, with the crunch of the pickles and celery, combined with the spice from the onion and dash of cayenne will keep you coming back for more!! This dish is best served chilled, but is still delicious if served immediately after making.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 large eggs
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¾ cup (1-2 pickles) dill pickle, chopped
- 2/3 cup vegenaise (we used soy-free)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt, pepper, cayenne, to taste
- Chop cauliflower into bite size pieces and steam for 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Cook 3 hardboiled eggs. (Place eggs in a pot and add water, covering eggs about 1 inch. Bring pot to a boil. Remove from heat and cover pot. Cook for about 10-12 minutes.) Once eggs are cooked, run under cold water. Peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, add celery, onion and pickle. Mix and then add cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing together: vegenaise, Greek yogurt and mustard.
- Add dressing to cauliflower mixture. Add chopped eggs and mix. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste. Enjoy!